Saturday, December 17, 2005

Another sleepless night

This photo really doesn't have much to do with my blog entry. But I think it's adorable, so I have included it today.

I’d like to thank NATO for another sleepless night. It’s not that I’m laying awake at night worrying about the power bill, although I should. It’s that the thermostat is set at 68 degrees F. My bed is apparently the warmest place in the house.
Let’s set the scene.
It’s 3:18 a.m.
I am in my bed.
So is my Huggy.
So is my six-year-old son.
So is my cat.
Huggy is snoring.
Six-year-old has managed to put his rear in the small of my back and his icy toes in an intimate part of my body.
Cat, on the other side of my body, is purring in disharmony with the snoring and gently {!} reminding me to continue petting her by sinking her claws into my thighs.
I am weighed down by flannel sheets and three blankets.
But at least I’m warm!

2 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh, that sounds terrible!!! I hate a cold house and I'm happy to have a pre-heated bed :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, I don't know whether to say that sounds wonderful or awful! LOL

Smiles,
Wendy