Saturday, September 23, 2006

The closer you get


I’ve been working on a project in which I have completed five scrapbook layouts in a week. As you can see, I haven’t been doing a lot of cleaning up after myself in the process. Tonight and tomorrow I have to figure out how to download the projects to an on-line gallery in hopes that editors, craft companies, etc. will see my work and decide they have to hire me.
I feed the kids when they whine, do the laundry as I run out of clothing, and try to make the house look presentable for DH when he comes home after a 16-hour work day.
Oh, did I mention the editor of the newspaper quit last week and I’ve been doing extra duty?
Crazy, I tell you, crazy.
But it’s better than boredom, depression or any of those other safe places I am want to go.
I just finished this layout moments ago. I selected the paper last night and pondered it while DH and I watched tapes of “Survivor,” “Grays’’ Anatomy,” and “CSI.”
Somehow I missed an hour and ended up going to bed at 1 a.m. I thought it was midnight, and wondered why I kept dozing off while watching “What Not to Wear.”
This morning DH slept in until after 7 p.m. (unheard of!) but I was struck with inspiration so I had to climb out of bed and put this page together.
I love it to bits. I think it’s because of the journaling. I had originally planned to do a bulls-eye design, but somehow it ended up being off center, which is totally cool with me.

click on photos to view in detail or read journaling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it. This week has been a bit of a mess for everyone it seems. K's weekly list sounds just as busy as yours.
I had a good week (the first in a long time/) G went to 3 doctors in IF on Thursday and got good news from 2 of them, and both good and bad news from the other. I think we can see light at the end of the weekly trip to IF. We get to skip a week this upcoming one, and then by mid-Oct. should be down to once a month.
I hope you get caught up soon and that all of your pages are a good as this one. "Keep on keeping on" as the flower children say.

Anonymous said...

WoooHOOO! Do I love this page, or what? I think it is, like... maybe my all time favorite ever seen page. That's how much I love it. Way to go, girlfriend.

Laughing about what you call a mess. My secrapbook room is a bit worse that that (not much, but a bit), and I'm thinking that it's not that bad at all.

Here's hoping that you can keep up the inspired pages, because man-oh-man are you on a roll. I am so glad I stopped by your blog today. Well worth my time. This page is fantastic!

Karen said...

Cute page... I'm not so good with the cold designing but I can take an idea and tweak it. I envy this talent of yours.

Anonymous said...

oh, Alleen, this is wonderful. love the concept and design.