Following the footsteps of my fellow blogger Sophia, here is my list of 10
Ten things I did this week:
1. Bought two “new” chairs from a thrift shop.
2. Spent three hours in said thrift shop waiting for, then shopping with a friend.
3. Visited a woman who has completely decorated her home thrift shop style. (yes, there is a connection.
4. Stayed up to watch “Project Runway.”
5. Actually clapped my hands when Michael made the cut.
6. Researched and wrote a story about E. coli.
7. Attended a meeting at Stansbury Park.
8. Wrote a story about nutrient loading in the Stansbury Lake.
9. Compulsively checked the DZine Showcase to see if anyone was looking at my entry.
10. Compulsively checked my e-mail to see if anyone had seen my entry in the Showcase and wanted to hire me.
Ten things I wanted to do this week, and didn’t:
1. Paint my furniture
2. Clean up my scrap mess in the wake of the DZine showcase.
3. Sign a contract with a manufacture (you have to be offered one before you can sign it).
4. Go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep.
5. Get a new kitten for the family.
6. Put together 10 scrapbook page kits for my LSS.
7. Submit my “Closer you Get” page to magazines.
8. Make a sign out of the “Trick or Treat” vinyl lettering sitting on my coffee table.
9. Dust the mini-blinds
10. Start planning ideas for the 2007 Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame contest.
Ten things that made me smile:
1. The photos of my friend’s new kitten.
2. A and L saying “in your face, in your face, in YOUR face” as they played video games together. Hey, they weren’t hitting each other or crying.
3. The news that my niece, Elizabeth is expecting her first baby.
4. The “Happy Harvest” letters on my front door.
5. A photo of Karen and Mace on the Ferris wheel.
6. Wyo. Sister’s bleach pen comment.
7. The help of my friends, Jessica and Michelle, when I need it.
8. A bag of Dove chocolate.
9. Spending time with DH.
10. The “Let’s go Outback Tonight” jingle. I don’t know why I like it so much, but I do.