Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Good news and bad news



One of my favorite things about my job is I get to use one of the company cameras. It’s a D-Rebel. I would never have been able to afford one otherwise, and I would have a hard time justifying the purchase, even if we could scrape together the money.
But the D-Rebel has opened up my scrapbook world like nothing else.
Another thing I like about my job is they send me on assignments where I can use my D-Rebel doing things I wouldn’t normally do.
Like last weekend’s visit to the local pioneer village and grist mill. I drive past the place on a regular basis, but until I was assigned a story there, I hadn’t really spent any time looking at it in detail.
Saturday, I did. It was a lot of fun. I managed to take some great photos. I enjoyed being out in the sunshine ~ even though it was windy, and I was given personal attention by the site operators who took me all over the place.
One of my least favorite things about my job is the pay. I am making more than I would in an entry-level fast-food job, but just.
You know you’re on a tight budget when you come away from a fender bender that leaves the side of your car wrinkled, but in good working order and a $200 check. Woo hoo! $200, now I can go by groceries!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

three more days 'til payday and it's already gone and no cool camera.

Thena said...

What a wonderful photo! I love my camera too!

Tracy said...

I would love to play with that camera! Lucky you. : )

Anonymous said...

A GORGEOUS photo!!! Sounds like you have a fabulous camera!!!

Teri :)