Sunday, October 02, 2005

Thought on Sunday

I have been challenged today to write about why I love Sunday mornings on what is one of two favorite Sunday mornings every year.
Today is the semi-annual Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I love Conference weekend because I can watch church in my p.j.s and not feel at all guilty. I also love the twice yearly injection of words of hope, encouragement and counsel from my church leaders. Conference brings such a peaceful feeling to my home, and it reminds me why I go about my ordinary life every day.
But normally, Sunday mornings are a little hectic. I’m a last minute kind of gal, and on Sunday I’m busy making sure we have all our ducks in a row for church. If it is my week to teach, I’m putting the final (or maybe first) touches on my lesson.
Until January Sunday mornings are my one time to sleep in during the week.
But starting in January my church will be meeting at 9 a.m. for a year. The good thing about this is I get my Sunday afternoon nap. The best time to sleep, ever.

2 comments:

Lara Neves said...

I love conference Sunday, too.
Hey, at least your church won't start at 8:00 am....that is what we are currently doint. fun stuff.

Sarah said...

Love those Sunday naps under the ceiling fan. Those are the best. My Dad calls it "The Nazarene Hour"...I guess that could work for any religious denomination. :)