Monday, October 24, 2005

Where did I go wrong?

My plan for the day:
1) Make bed as soon as I get up.
2) Clean kitchen while getting children ready for school.
3) Take a shower, and throw in a load of laundry.
4) Pay bills
5) Make calls for news stories due tomorrow.
6) Run to scrapbook store to buy paper to finish project.
7) Throw dinner in crock pot.
8) Finish scrap project.


My reality of the day:
1) Can’t make bed because child is still in it with me but I go ahead and
2) Clean kitchen while getting children ready for school. Take time to read with Adam and clean out his backpack because it didn’t get taken care of over the weekend.
3) finish cleaning kitchen and go down to start laundry. Realize there is still clothes in the washer from last night, send it on a rinse cycle. Go check e-mail.
4) Read about the doodling challenge at my favorite scrapbook site. Run upstairs, find the doodles from church in my bag, run back down, scan it in and post it to the gallery.
5) Go upstairs to start bills.
6) Realize bed still needs to be made.
7) Rip blankets off bed.
8) clean up candy wrappers, and popcorn on the floor, left by children watching television.
9) Throw trash away.
10) Let cat back into house.
11) Notice the mail came early and there’s a package with paper in it!
12) Run downstairs to post a thank you to Karyln for the package.
13) Check to see if my doodle has any praise yet.
14) Go back upstairs to pay bills.
15) Realize bed is still not made.
16) Throw lunch in the microwave and make bed.
17) Eat lunch and read the new TV Guide magazine. Decided I do not much like the new format.
18) Clean up the kitchen.
19) Gather up bills.
20) Balance checkbook, and start paying bills.
21) Answer phone, it’s my boss at the newspaper wanting some information from the computer downstairs.
22) Get him the information and send photos taken over the weekend to the photographer.
23) Answer e-mail question from friend.
24) Answer phone and interview Stansbury election candidate.
25) Finish answering e-mail.
26) Call paper photographer who says the photos did not arrive and could I please burn a CD and take it to him “sometime today.”
27) Go upstairs and finish paying bills.
28) Go back downstairs and burn CD
29) Run to the newspaper with the CD.
30) Drop bills at the post office.
31) Pick up paper for layout. Show owner of new scrapbook store samples of my work. Give her my name and phone number as someone who is interested in doing pages for hire.
32) Wonder why I never get anything done.
Realize I really should pull the clothes out of the washer now,
But I need to call candidates for the story I’m working on for Thursday,
But the Healing Horses and Pumpkin Walk stories are due tomorrow,
And I don’t know what I’m going to fix for supper,
And David is home,
And the boys want to go pick out a pumpkin at the local pumpkin patch and …

Clearly the plan was derailed somewhere along the way.

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

So, you're living my life? Well, insert music related things (practice, pick music for Sunday, email music to person who types the bulletin, etc) instead of newspaper things and you've got it!
ROFL! Glad I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

Wowzers--I'm tired just thinking of your day. Most days, I'm lucky to get the bed made...and that's only because I cannot STAND to get into an unmade bed. Wrinkled sheets? YUCK!

Love your blog--bookmarked it to check in regularly!

xoxo,
Becca