Day one: The first day of a safari is always very exciting as plans are made, supplies arrive and photos are printed, and I began to set up camp.
Almost immediately I made a rather large error on the mini-book cover. Puzzling over how to correct the error, I set it aside and began working on other pages for the project.
Half-way through the day I encountered a Ya-Ya scrapper carrying her young and bearing gifts. I invited her into my camp. Moments later, the call of a second Ya-Ya split the companionable silence. Ya-Ya’s seem to have an almost mystical connection to each other. When one joins the camp it is not uncommon to find several more quickly assemble.
But they are a very supportive tribe, and soon they were helping me with my project, knotting floss, offering a second and third set of eyes, and providing praise.
Alas, none were able to devise a solution to the mini-book cover conundrum.
The sound of my young returning from their day’s educational exercises eventually drove the Ya-Ya’s back to their own camps.
My companion arrived shortly thereafter and we called a brief halt to the project in order to gain rest and respite.
Returning in the early evening to the project, I was able to devise one more page before it became time to retire.
As I began to doze off I was suddenly hit with the embarrassingly simple solution to the mini-book cover problem.
In hindsight, I should have risen from my cot and worked on the project immediately, but I was cozy and dozy, so I spent the rest of the night waking up every 90 minutes wondering if it was morning yet so I could get back to my project.
As you can see by my enclosed photograph, as the project gets bigger, the work area gets smaller. I hope to finish my first project on day two and clean the work space so I can begin working on the second project.