Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday is a special day

Just a quick blog update so my big ol’ whiny post isn’t at the top of the page anymore.
A does indeed have strep throat. My beloved husband took him to the doctor yesterday where he (the son) threw an amazing fit when the doctor took a throat culture.
Mind you, I understand where he is coming from, the swab is a loathsome process, but it must be done.
Today’s plans include trying to get the house back in order, the clothes washed, folded and put away, floors mopped or vacuumed, etc. etc. etc.
When I was little we sang a song in church that went “Saturday is a special day, it’s the day we get ready for Sunday.” Today I’m going to try to live by that song.
I hope the clean up will dispel the last lingering cobwebs of grumpiness that still linger over our heads. Time to move on guys, today is a new day! I took the photo today with my point and shoot 3.2 mp. It’s been dropped (well, more like flung, really) on the floor of Wal-Mart. I also recently dropped it on our tiled kitchen floor. The thing eats batteries like it’s popping candy, but it was my first “big girl” camera and I still love it dearly. It doesn’t do all that well inside, but it takes wonderful shots outside in good light.
This is a photo of A feeding the cat. I had to do something to keep him entertained while he was home from school yesterday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are far too ambitious and it's late. You just make me more tired than ever.

horseygal said...

My new camera takes good shots inside, but I've yet to get a good outside shot!
Wish I could afford what I really want! (dont we all!)

BTW, I just love pictures of kids and animals together, which reminds me, I just happen to have..............