Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Greetings from Camp Livingroom



Monday night as the wind was shredding leaves of the trees and icy rain was pelting against the windows, my 6-year-old son said. “Can we go camping?”
“Camping?”
“Camping!”
Why, I wondered, would he want to go camping? Then I realized the sleeping bag, used by my brothers-in-law while they were visiting over the weekend, was still on the sofa.
“It’s kind of cold for camping?” I reasoned.
But my every inventive husband suggested a compromise. So now we have a tent in the living room.
Adam slept there last night and extracted a promise from me this morning that we will keep the tent up until Friday. Camp Livingroom is flourishing, Adam is anxious to go to bed early, and hey, what’s another toy on the floor, he’s only young once.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

what a great idea! the kids have been asking to camp lately so I might borrow it. I like the shot through the mesh. He must be in heaven!

Lorrie said...

awesome picture! I love it! By the way.... are those bug glasses from the "it's tough to be a bug" show at Disney's Animal Kingdom that you're wearing in your photo??? lol.

dogmom2six said...

I remember doing that when I was a kid. I had a tent set up in my bedroom and I think I slept in it most of first grade. It's so fun to pretend at that age!

Mary (scrapshots101)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Good for you for being tolerant! I'm sure he is loving Camp LR!

Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'll have to remember that for when the kids are older.

Anonymous said...

Linc got a tent for his birthday and spent the night in it in the front room.

k photography said...

That's so awesome!!! What a fun way thing to do in these arctic temps.

Kirsten

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun to me as long as I can stay in my sleeping bag all day!! LOL. Looks like he is having a blast!

Anonymous said...

So funny! We used to do that with our son back in Alaska. We set a tent up in his bedroom. Kids love it. Such a cute photo!

Mandy said...

Great pics!!My boys used to make tents all the time when they were younger,Loved those days!Kaylee has a princess tent she always falls asleep in :)