Saturday, November 05, 2005


So far it’s shaping up to be a languid Saturday.
Adam climbed in bed with us at about 2 a.m. and at 3 a.m., unable to sleep with his rear end snuggled against my back, I got up, went downstairs and read for an hour. So I slept in this morning.
When I finally got up the first words out of Adam’s mouth was “there’s bacon.” Sure enough, my early bird husband had been to the store, bought bacon and fried it up in the pan. Then he went downstairs and folded clothes while he watched “Star Wars.”
Did I mention I love David? I do!
I’ve been finishing up the laundry and noticed the furnace which shares space with my laundry room. I love the furnace, too. I love the sound of it kicking on at night while I’m snuggled warm under my blankets.
Central heating is right up there with indoor plumbing and M&M’s as the greatest of human inventions.
My November 5, photo is of the furnace, which like my husband goes uncomplaining about the job of keeping the family comfortable.

18 comments:

Benita said...

OMGosh, I had actually thought about taking a picture of my furnace too for the POTD challenge cause we just had a new one installed last month & I love that thing! Great pic :)

Anonymous said...

This shot is awesome.So artsy and real. Your night sounds like mine-went to bed at 2:00 a.m. after scrapping and my little guy crawled in our bed at 3:30a.m. Thankfully, my dh got up with him and let me sleep. So yep I love my dh for that too!

Sherri said...

Neat angle for the photo! Interesting picture for sure.

Anne Magee said...

Love this! So architectural.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful analogy!

Anonymous said...

Very cool angle! Love this!!

Unknown said...

Wow great shot - so arty and I have to agree central heating is the most wonderful invension !! :) And you OH dosen't sound half bad too - I have all Star Wars episodes on DVD and a huge pile of washing if he is interested !! LOL

Anonymous said...

Very artsy photo...I must try something like that sometime. The perspective is really cool.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous journalling... your writing just captivated me. And the photo is stunning. I thought that it was a furnace, but I had to keep looking at it, trying to figure out how you got it to look so interesting... the lighting is awesome.

Anonymous said...

my littlest, mac age 6, is looking at photos with me. thought i'd quote:

WOW! I LIKE IT!!!! What is it?

LOL! he really liked your furnace photo, alleen. it did turn out pretty darn cool!

Anonymous said...

Great b&w perspective shot. Love it!

Sophia C. said...

Very interesting thoughts, Alleen. I do love my furnace, although I'm not looking for paying it this winter! The thought makes reason stare! Great shot! Hope that you get a better night of sleep tonight than last night!

Sleept tight!

Sophia

Anonymous said...

very artsy - i love it! the b&w looks great

Nicki said...

This photos is awesome!

lianne said...

Fantastic. Great shot.

TLHarwick said...

a new twist on a boring subject. I like the perspective and the b/w gives it an industrial feel!

Trish

Anonymous said...

Alleen,
I love your photos but I really love your posts. Insightful, reflective and kind of quirky.
I like the sound of my furnace too and the wind whistling around the house. We have a tree that rustles against the house. There is something comforting about that sound.
Angie Cupcake

Anonymous said...

oh wow!!! your photography (ALL of it) rocks!!!! This photo is amazing, I must have missed you the first time around and am so, so happy I found you this time - love everything you've posted - just amazing! Can't wait to see more!!!