Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Random thoughts on Halloween


It is a wonderful holiday for children. They love to dress up and play pretend. Adam, dresses as Scooby Doo,” told me last night it was the “best holiday ever.”
But, it starts to lose something after children reach the age of 10.
Our family has a rule; you can’t go Trick or Treating after the age of 12. This was Logan’s last official year going door to door seeking candy. But that’s okay; he has sort of lost the spirit of the event, anyway. He threw on a helmet and his cami jammies to dress as a “G.I. Joe” and get his share of the candy. But he wasn’t really into the Trick or Treating. He did however love the pumpkin patch and pumpkin carving.
After a certain age, you should stop going door to door begging candy.

Signs that you are to old to Trick or Treat:
You can skip the evening shave and go as a hobo.
You are taller than the people passing out the candy.
You earn enough money on your own to buy your own candy.
You drive yourself from house to house.
You take a date.
I love to see the little ladybugs, power rangers, princesses and clowns knocking on my door. But I do wonder about the teenagers who feel entitled to embezzle candy door to door dressed as, well, teenagers.


Photo a day challenge
Today I started my Photo a Day in November challenge. I snapped a few photos of the tree in our backyard to warm up. All of the elements were there already, I just propped the rake up on the tree to give the photo more balance. Doesn’t this scream “Fall” to you?

11 comments:

Anne Magee said...

Very nice fall scene!!

Spot-On said...

Nice fall photo!

Anonymous said...

Fab shot!! It totally speak "fall"! Love it!

Tarri B

Anonymous said...

I just love this photo....it screams fall!

Anonymous said...

Yup - screams "fall" to me! The tree, the rake and of course, the soccer ball!

karen said...

Yes! Very much "Fall".

Rained here, so no good rake shots for me.

Cindy Lee said...

very nice, but you crack me up "staging" the rake, lol!

Nicki said...

TOTALLY screams fall! love it.

momocarly said...

The photo IS fall! I miss it so much. Thanks for the taste of it!

Amy B. said...

I do like the combination of soccer ball and rake. two essential elements of fall.

daphne said...

great Fall pic!