Sunday, November 13, 2005

This is the chore that never ends...



Truth to tell, I didn’t take this photo today. But I could have. Today, yesterday, tomorrow, it’s all the same; I have loads and loads of laundry.
Back in my single girl days I spend 2 to 4 hours a week in a Laundromat watching my dainties fluff while I folded my jeans. The good news was I brought home one (count it, one!) laundry basket with all my clothes washed, folded and ready to take me through the week. The bad news is I spend 2 to 4 hours in a Laundromat. Bleck!
I fantasized about the day I would have my own washer. I could wash just one sock if I wanted too. I wouldn’t have to worry about discovering late at night that the blue skirt that matched my sweater was dirty, I could just go wash it.
Little did I know.
Now the hum of the dryer is just part of my regular household music, occasionally interrupted by a very rude bell telling me it’s time to get of my behind and start folding, buster.
But still, I do love having the washer and dryer in my home. I also love having my own little room for my laundry duties instead of a closet in the hall or off the kitchen as I have in the past.
But, it doesn’t matter how convenient the job is. The job always is, never going away, never really difficult, just omnipresent.
Ooops, gotta run, the buzzer just sounded.

17 comments:

Benita said...

That's what I'm doing today also, along with cleaning out our master bedroom closet, which will probably take me all day to do :( Great pics.....love the angles & the lighting on them.

daphne said...

Love the photos and love the journaling...it's the *little* things like this that make up so much of our days...it's great to document them. I really should be off to the laundromat now...

Melissa said...

love your photos and journaling. Laundry @ home is such a pain but I could imagine going to a luandromat would be even more of a chore. thanks for making me thankful for my washer and dryer ;)

Spot-On said...

Ah yes! I think we all hate laundry. And its not the actual washing/drying its the folding and putting away. All automated except the last part :(

Anonymous said...

GREAT post! I love your journaling. :o) Ahh, I will be hearing the hum later myself. Just baked some Snickerdoodle cookies! YUM-O!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I know. I spend at least 10-12 hours a week doing laundry!

Anonymous said...

Great pics!,I so remember those laundry mat days as a single girl to..lol I swear my boys change there clothes more then any of us so there is always a pile of laundry for me!

Julie Ann Shahin said...

I love the angle you took this photo from. Great job.

Cindy Lee said...

I read this as my washer is spinning and I know I need to go transfer clothes to the dryer! great shots!

Sherri said...

Love the picture and the journaling. Would make a great page with just what you wrote and those pictures. I am doing laundry today and yes it IS a never ending 'job'.

Anonymous said...

Your photos and journaling are SO GOOD. Thanks for all the inspiration!!

Jane said...

ah yes...the unending chore! :) Love the shot!

Lorrie said...

How true is your blog??? I HATE doing laundry! I get so excited when my hampers are empty....(for a few hours!) lol.
Awesome pictures - so sharp! great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my heck! Your washer and dried lack that grungy film of past dirt and lint that mine wear! I hate you!

Anonymous said...

UH that's "dryer". my fingers don't like to type "e" That's why I get cataloges labeled ReNad. Three different beginning type classes and I still type 25 words a minute with 10 errors.

Stacy said...

I hear ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh, looks like my day...great pictures of such a mundane task.