Sunday, November 06, 2005

Small miracles



I don’t usually bring my camera to church with me. I bring my children, my scriptures, graph paper, pencils, even snacks and toys. But my camera stays home.
But, as I am currently participating in a “Photo a Day in November” exercise with several scrapbook buddies around the world, via the internet, I decided to take the camera today.
Adam was assigned a talk in Primary and I figured out the shot in advance. (Primary is the educational program for the children in the LDS Church, rather like Sunday school.) We would arrive early (we usually do) and I would take a picture of him sitting on the “hot seats” in front of the other children waiting for his chance to talk.
I took the photo. He gave the talk, all was well.
Then I settled into my meeting and my friend, a member of a group of buddies who call ourselves the “Ya Ya Scrappers” sidled up to me and asked if there was any chance I could go home and get my camera. She was blessing her baby today and wanted photographs to capture the moment. Not only was she, her husband and their three children in attendance, but she also expected grand parents and great-grandparents on both sides of the family.
We were both tickled when I said, “I have it right here,” and pulled it out of my bag. The results were charming.
I kind of consider my being there to take the photos something of a little miracle. But then, I am a true believer.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful story! I'm a believer, too, and it was a small miracle! Love the photos! Love Adam in the "hot seat" - lol!

Tarri

Anonymous said...

pictures are so cute - and meant to have been taken!

Anonymous said...

Wow...what a cool experience. You were meant to have your camera with you :)
They are all beautiful shots!

Nicki said...

Those are wonderful photos!

Benita said...

Those photos are priceless! I love them all.

Anne Magee said...

These are beautiful!! How nice that your challenge has helped so many in unexpected ways, huh?!

k photography said...

Don't you love it when things just all make sense and come together...and don't you just love tiny babies...and don't you love little girls in gorgeous dresses...I do!

Kirsten

karen said...

precious! The yawn is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Wow! These are great shots! What a sweet baby. I love the shot of Adam! It's very telling of a boy that age giving a talk in Primary! ;) I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and start the POTD! I've been taking them, just haven't been posting them. You got me hooked!

Sophia

Carrie Anne said...

What a coincidence! You know what they say, "everything happens for a reason"...what are the chances that you would have your camera with you? Talk about small miracles!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that you were able to do this for your friend-she will love these photos and most likely always think of you when she looks back in her albums. Great job!

Keiauni said...

Sage-
This is really great...I'm glad you had your cam. I get to see the pics! I could'nt come because I had a blessing in my family in Overlake. Sad... GREAT PHOTOS!
Keiauni