Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Another project

Since I don’t have nearly enough to do this summer, I have decided to take on the project of making the nasty folding chairs I inherited from my in-laws look somewhat presentable.
The chairs are dirty, uncomfortable and heavy. A sane woman would probably set them on the curb to be picked up by the trash man. But no one ever accused me of being sane. Besides, I’m feeling the need to branch out in my crafting from the world of paper and photos to something a little more functional.
Not that I believe these chairs to be all the functional, but you get the idea.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alleen, have I ever mentioned that you remind me very much of my mom? It's the way you approach life... and I LOVE that about you, because I LOVE that about her. The chair project cracked me up because my mother did the very same thing last summer. It was a ton of work, but the end result was amazing.

Susan said...

there's lots of ways you could "spruce up" these chairs! It just depends on how "ambitious" you really are! LOL

Anonymous said...

ha ha - sounds like a very "fun" project!!! I bet they come out amazing! I actually love the white version - already looks super! Good luck!!

Hatter J said...

I would put some cherry arte on the backs and then weather seal them.....fun for summer!!!

Anonymous said...

and now we have heavy uncomfortable white chairs. They somehow look less uncomfortable and heavy when they are white and thus worth the time and effort.

Anonymous said...

it was mr. For some reason I was not offered the chance to own my previous snide comment

Anonymous said...

it was not mr. it was me typing while eating a crisp meat burrito and complaining about getting the wrong kind of Pepsi. I do not multitask well.

SageHen said...

As yes, sis, I knew it was you the second I read it. I know your writing/ talking style ... it is very much like my own.

As to multi-tasking, put down the computer and concentrate on the food!!!

Melissa said...

lol-They are already looking better with just the addition of white paint ;) good luck on your project

Cindy Lee said...

I agree with Joe, some Cherry Arte, or other fab pp of your choice, decoupaged on the backs would be fab! hugs, Cindy Lee

Did you see this: http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?cmd=display&layout_id=850031