Friday, February 23, 2007

It's in the cards

While I was at DH school Wednesday, one of his fellow teachers asked me to contribute “something crafty” to a gift basket they are making to auction off for some fund raiser. I’m not exactly clear which fundraiser is to benefit from my work. But it’s something education related.
Anyhoo, I decided to make a set of cards using the Rob and Bob springy, girlish paper someone sent me a few years ago. I love the paper, but as I don’t get many opportunities to make anything springy or girlish, I still have quite a stack of it on hand.
I am making five cards with envelopes to match. I plan to make them blank inside and out, with the thought the recipient can send them for birthday, thank you, friendship etc. cards.
I’m not really much of a card maker, so this has been a bit of a challenge. But fun, too.
I have impressed myself with the use of flower and circle sequins (I bought from Wal-Mart many moons ago because they were springy and girlish and caught my eye) but haven’t much used them.
However, when I brought home a crop-o-dile I started punching holes and attaching eyelet to everything and the flowers seemed perfect for a little eyelet center.
I know this is a lengthy explanation for a simple card project. But I have to blog about something to keep my vast (*snort*) readership happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I may be big, but I objecy to being called vast. At most I'm half-vast. :-D Love the card!