Thursday, March 08, 2007

My Kendra!

Crazy day, but a good one, because I had a chance to visit with Kendra.
Kendra is the original Ya-Ya scrapper. She brought a group of women together in a sistership that still remains, although she has long since moved to Georgia.
The last time I saw Kendra was days after the birth of her daughter, Megan. Kendra’s husband, who works for Delta Airlines, was working from Georgia while Kendra was in the process of fixing up the home and getting ready to have her fifth child here in Utah.
She packed her house, went into the hospital and had the baby, then flew to Georgia where her four older children were staying with her mother.
Kendra is pronominal.
Anyway, she came by for a flying visit and I was able to see Megan, the baby born before she moved, as well as her four sons, 12, 8, 6 and 3. (I might have the ages wrong, I’m not sure). I was buddies with her through two of the pregnancies, and watched the older children when the three year old was born.
She’s now working on baby No. 6, Emma, her second girl.
Seeing Kendra reminds me of how much I miss her. She is the ultimate earth mother with eyes in the back of her head and about six extra hands. She does day care out of her home, loves to cook and caters and makes cakes in her spare (!) time.
But perhaps the best thing about Kendra is she loves unconditionally and she dowsing’t judge people based on their outward appearances.
In a way she was the mother to all the Ya-Yas, and the rest of us had mother issues. Wow, I just made that connection!

Other things I did today that were not on my agenda this morning:
Wrote a story about Vernon Elementary.
Cleaned up cat vomit.
Wrote a report on White Lions for DH-8.
Helped set up the church for a RS event.
Officially apologize for going a peep too far on yesterday's blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know how you can get more earth mother than cleaning up cat vomit and apologizing for too much peep.

Keiauni said...

I'm pretty sure that I am completely jealous of you!
:)Thanks for posting the photos, it's almost like seeing her for real. She was once the most calming influence in my life! I can't believe how cute Megan is!
We really should fly to Georgia this summer. Just vegging at Kendras house would rock!

...BTW, I don't think that there was anything wrong with you taking the time to visit with a beloved friend. We should all take the time to savor life's real gifts!