Monday, March 26, 2007

Wash, rinse, repeat

I was flipping through my photographs looking for something to scrap when I came upon these shots of my family at the Bonneville Salt Flats taken last year.
I realized I still hadn't scrapped photos taken in 2001, so I put them together and a page was born.
This one is heavy on the journaling:
"Five years is but a moment in the unchanging, harsh environment of the Bonneville Salt Flats.”It is a monotonous, white, hot expanse unrelieved by vegetation. The only landmarks in the great vastness are blue-grey mountains floating like a mirage in the distance and the thin line of I-80 across the desert floor.
"With the exception of cars zipping along the freeway, it is the same wasteland traveled by the ill fated Donner Party in 1846.
"But you have changed, our lives have changed and the world has changed since our first visit to the Bonneville Salt Flats in June of 2001.
"We were on a new adventure. David was looking for a job and had been offered a teaching position in Wendover, Utah. He turned the post down, but ended up working in the same school district, first in Tooele, later in Grantsville.
"David’s hair was just growing back from being publicly shaved at a school assembly. He lost a bet with his students ~ they read more than he said they would.
"Logan was six. He turned seven on Sept. 12, 2001, the day after America was attacked and some 3,000 innocent people were killed by terrorists. America is still at war in Iran because of the attack.
"Tow headed Adam was two and still learning how to use the toilet. He’s seven now, and is learning math facts.
"When I look at these photos I marvel at how much our lives have changed in five years. I wonder what the next five years will bring.
"I dream of a peaceful, safe world for my sons. But I fear peace is distant, like the mountains in the Bonneville Salt Flats. I hope it is not just a mirage."
I am very, very, very excited for my upcoming vacation.
I have fallen into a great big rut, and I really need to be doing something else.
Monday:
Get up
Send family to school
check internet e-mails, etc.
call Transcript and get my daily assignment.
Call people on the telephone.
Shower while waiting for return phone calls.
Throw a load of laundry in the washer.
Throw a load of laundry in the dryer.
Empty the dryer first.
Fix a sandwitch for lunch.
Write a story.
Welcome kids home from school.
Unload dishwasher while cooking supper.
Reload dishwasher.
Watch television or work on scrapbook page.
Tuesday.
Get up.
Send kids to school.
Check internet, e-mails, etc.
Shower
Throw a load of laundry in the washer
Throw a load of laundry in the dryer
Empty the dryer
write shopping list
Go shopping
unload car
Fix a sandwitch for lunch
Go to Relief Society presidency meeting.
get home in time to greet family home from school.
Empty dishwasher while cooking supper.
Clean up after supper.
Watch television or scrap pages.
Wednesday:
Get up
Send family to school
check internet e-mails, etc.
Call transcript and get my daily assignment.
Call people on telephone.
Shower while waiting for return telephone calls.
Throw a load of laundry in the washer
Throw a load of laundry in the dryer
Take a load of laundry out of the dryer
Fix a sandwitch for lunch.
Welcome children home from school.
Take them to piano lessons and or Scouts between writing stories.
Empty dishwasher while cooking dinner.
Clean up dinner.
Watch television or attend Stansbury Park meeting.
Watch television.
Go to bed.
Thursday:
Repeat Tuesday but replace the Relief Society meeting with scrapping or shopping
Friday:
Repeat Thursday
Blah, blah, blah, blah
Sorry, am I boring you, cuz I'm kind of boring myself.
Today wasn't too bad. DH came home after school and mowed the lawn. There is now wind whipping around the house and the weather report tells us to expect snow tomorrow. Gotta love that March.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the journaling, you really do have a way with words. Your days are rich and full compared to mine. I am so tired at this time of year. If I wrote it down I'd fall asleep before I got through the first day. Actually, it sounds like a great way to get to sleep on those nights when sleep comes slowly.

Anonymous said...

To wyo sis: LOL. I know what you mean. Sage hen: I thought we ate sandwiches not sandwitches. Oh well, just as well, it probably taste about the same.

Anonymous said...

for some reason I cant vew your layout / photo that you posted?????

Journaling is all good, I have trouble with it on most of my layouts. I don't want my page to come out tacky after all the effort I put into them.

Keep em' comming~~~~