Friday, July 20, 2007

Napping, always a good option

This topic just seemed like a great blog in the making, don't you think? July is National Anti-Boredom Month. So, here are a few questions about boredom that I'm asking as this week's blog challenge.
1.Your entire family has gone away for the weekend. The house is all yours. What are the first three things you do?

1. nap. 2. scrap. 3. repeat.
2. Your bankbook is looking healthy, you have a four-day weekend ahead. What sounds good?

Taking the family to San Diego ~ Sea World, sailing.
3. What do you do while waiting in the doctors office?

Try to keep my children calm.
4.Would you rather spend an afternoon alone in a book store, a mall, napping in the hammock?

Reading in a hammock? Is that an option?
5. You have an unexpected 48 hour stay in the hospital. You're coherent and not in pain. How do you spend the time? Reading? Channel Surfing? Laptop surfing? Calling your friends to come visit? Ringing for a nurse every five minutes? Sleeping?

O no question, I’m sleeping and reading.
6.You have a nine hour trans-continental flight. Get excited about finishing a hot novel? Watch the in-flight movies? Become best friends with the stranger seated next to you? Take three valium and sleep the time away?

Watch the movie, read a book, gaze out the window.
7.You have a seven hour layover in Chicago O'Hare Airport. Do you wear down your cellphone battery calling friends? Read a book? People watch? Shop every store in the airport? Take a taxi and see the city?

Seven hours. Probably shop, eat and read.
8.What do you do when your bored stiff?

Take a nap.
9.Work first, play later? OR Play while you can, the work will still be there when you get home?

Nap.
10. List three times that you are easily bored.

I think the airplane trip would bore me. Any discussion of sports has my eyes glazing over. Gossip about people I don’t know has me yawning, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm? Napping, eating, reading huh? I don't even have to take the survey, my answers are indistinguishable from yours. If that makes me boreing or bored so be it. I am an extremely happy camper at the moment because Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is officially out, even though my copy is not. I only hope it is in the Post Office for me to pick up tomorrow. If not I will have a sad weekend.