1. Black furniture may be cool but it is a major pain to paint.
2. Paint dries slower in the rain.
3. When you child says his stomach hurts, believe him.
4. Don’t give red Kool-Aid to a sick child.
5. It is better to say it will take you 10 hours to do something and finish it in five, than to say it will take you five hours to do it and finish it in 10.
6. You can ignore things (bills, deadlines, grocery shopping, laundry) but they will not go away.
7. Stop digging up your garbage. (one of my favorite lessons from conference)
8. You are never done, (one of the truisms of conference)
9. It is better to want what you have than to have what you want.
9. You can have too much paper.