Thursday, December 21, 2006

Harry Potter fans

I pulled this quote from a news article: (Sorry, I don't remember which one) with the link to J.K. Rowlings game so you can find out the title for the new Harry Potter book.
It's kind of fun, even if you have heard the title by now.

"Meanwhile, she set up a test for her Potter fans if they want to find the title for themselves.
If you go to her home page, click on the eraser and you will be taken to a room -- you'll see a window, a door and a mirror.
In the mirror, you'll see a hallway. Click on the farthest doorknob and look for the Christmas tree. Then click on the center of the door next to the mirror and a wreath appears. Then click on the top of the mirror and you'll see a garland.
Look for a cobweb next to the door. Click on it, and it will disappear. Now, look at the chimes in the window. Click on the second chime to the right, and hold it down. The chime will turn into the key, which opens the door. Click on the wrapped gift behind the door, then click on it again and figure out the title yourself by playing a game of hangman."
Or you can just take Scholastic's word for it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't make the key open the door, I must be doing something wrong. Ah well, I'm doomed by my technology limitations.

Karen said...

Once I read how much work you had to go through to find the game I just decided to be happy with the announcement from Scholastic. It would appear that I'm not a dedicated enough fan (either that or I'm really lazy!)